My BEACH WEDDING RECEPTION was the finale of all of my hard work and the celebration of the union between my husband and myself. Of course, we wanted or you want it to be perfect in every way possible! Here are 10 unique ways to decorate your beach theme wedding, without overstretching your wedding budget. These are all based on my own experience, though our reception area was all organized by the resort personnel, which really turned out to be ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!
Please click here to read the story of my Wedding Reception by the Beach of Le Canonnier in Mauritius....Enjoy reading...
1. Remember to have fun at your beach theme wedding reception! Your wedding is about you - plan ahead so there are people around to take care of the details and you can relax and enjoy your new husband and your celebration.
2. Consider having your beach wedding reception much later in the evening, when the sun is well on its way to setting. It's important to keep your guests cool and comfortable and outdoor temperatures are at their highest in the afternoon and early evening.
3. Serve a variety of fresh fruits and light fare, such as salads. Beach wedding receptions tend to be warmer and most guests won't want to dine on heavy foods like steaks and chicken.
4. You should also skip the confetti. Like balloons, confetti is dangerous to the local environment and wildlife and is more difficult to clean up. Unless you're having an indoor beach wedding reception, you're better off without confetti altogether.
5. Unless you're going with a whimsical theme, for a beach theme wedding reception you're better off going without balloons. Not only are these dangerous for the environment and wildlife should they get loose and pop, they don't do an elegant beach wedding justice.
6. For an elegant look, keep your beach wedding reception décor to a minimum. Overwhelming the area with dozens of trinkets and lots of colors will only serve to make your décor look to busy or thrown together.
7. Use real, natural sea finds for your beach wedding reception table decoration instead of purchasing bags of seashells, dried starfish or even sand dollars. Go out on the beach in the early morning and see what you can find - spend some time cleaning them and letting them dry. They'll make incredibly inexpensive yet beautiful decorations!
8. Try incorporating lanterns instead of candles. Candles can be blown out easily, even by just a simple gust of wind. Lanterns offer protection for the flame and many of them even last longer than candles, so your reception will be elegantly lit well into the night.
9. Consider a pool side beach reception. Bear in mind that a reception right on the sand can be quite messy - sand is going to go everywhere. Many resorts and destinations offer pools and areas that are right next to the beach - offering you incredible beach views while keeping your reception perfect.
10. Use white! White is the most traditional and popular wedding colors, and it works beautifully for beach theme wedding receptions. Use white table linens, napkins, china and even flowers. To jazz up an all white beach theme reception, try employing a number of different textures, such as lace and satin.
My Wedding Day Part IV: Reception By The Beach
Part I: Procession (Marching Going to the Beach)
Part II: My Wedding Ceremony (By the Beach)
Part III: My Wedding Day Photo Shoots
Tips To Have A Unique Beach Wedding Reception
Making The Best of Your Hot Summer Wedding
Tips For A Perfect Beach Wedding
Planning A Destination Wedding