To be honest with you ladies, I was feeling a bit nervous as early as after having got engaged! You probably going to ask me why? Because I knew for sure that it was going to be very difficult for me to organize due to the fact that I am here working in Angola, in the middle of the bushes, no wedding shops, not even a single wedding planner you can talk to, etc.. So in short, I was a bit scared if I was going to make it! But, I was given myself at least one year to finish everything, which was just enough time.
To all who have just been ENGAGED and confused where to start? Here's some of my tips for you ladies:
FIRST THINGS FIRST:
1) Share the news of your engagement with family and close friends.
2) Announce your engagement in the local newspaper or start sharing the good news it to your friends.
3) Set a budget. Establish who will be able to contribute and how much.
4) Set the date.5) Meet with potential wedding planners or event designers and organizers if you anticipate using one.6) Choose your ceremony and reception sites.
7) Interview officiants.
8) Establish the number of guests you'd like to invite, and compile a list with input from both sets of parents.
9) Choose your maid of honor, best man and other attendants.
10) Start shopping for your gown.
11) Begin a pre-wedding beauty regimen to improve your complexion.
12) Schedule any beauty treatments (facials, waxing, brow-shaping, teeth-whitening) that you'd like to have the next few months.
More to follow and happy planning...